Tuesday, October 7, 2008

No Canadian GP for '09

So last year, I started really getting into Formula 1. Only after I started racing myself and began understanding the technology behind the cars as well as the discipline and concentration needed to move a machine around a race track did I become a pretty big fan. After my trip to Japan, I was delighted to see that other countries shared in my enthusiasm. It was only natural that I then wanted to attend Grand Prix as soon as possible!

The debate was, do I go to Japan again to further explore hentai, maid cafe's and small AE86 shops? Or do I travel to another country to experience Formula 1 in all its glory? The question still remains, but one of the options was to attend the Canadian GP, since it was fairly close to us. It would be a chance to visit Canada, perhaps see my good 'ol friend Migs, and view the world's most popular motor sports all in one shot. Apparently Bernie doesn't care about me, my dreams or budget, and has taken the Canadian GP away at least for next year.

The small light at the end of the tunnel, is the rumor about '10's possibility of a US Grand Prix, perhaps in Vegas. Anika at the OG here I come!

No comments: