Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Uncharted territory

The engine in my car currently is what I'd consider to be a "medium" build, even though I'd say that only a fraction of AE86 owners have actually ever gone as far as I have. All the hardware choices were done with what I'd learned from my teachers, and luckily tune and assembly were done by the best people I know. Now that I've started to look into a "serious" engine, I'm finding that diving into this world is indeed only for those elite individuals (or stupid enough to spend the money required on a 30 year old econobox Japanese car) who have the means to carry out their intentions. I'd always wondered why hardly anybody builds a truly bad-ass 4AG, and I'm finding out its because of the insane cost of the things you don't know about.
At some point I'll post up pics if Wesly will let me, but looking at a Hasselgren Formula Atlantic head really does show you that building the ultimate 4AG goes well beyond what any forum junkie at club4ag knows.
Back to searching for a good machine shop....

No comments: